Botox & Fillers In Columbia, MO
Aging causes many changes in your skin, including loss of moisture, elastin, and collagen. The loss of these vital substances leads to fine lines and wrinkles. There are two excellent cosmetic dermatology options for you to consider to help you look younger–Botox and fillers.
What Botox Is and How It Works
Botox is a substance derived from a bacterium. It’s formulated into an injectable medication, and when injected, it works by temporarily “freezing” the muscles and nerves around the injection site, helping your skin appear smooth.
What Fillers Are and How They Work
Fillers including Juvederm and Restylane are injected into the fine lines and wrinkles in your skin. They “fill in” the fine lines and wrinkles, helping your skin appear smooth.
The Benefits of Botox and Fillers
When you choose Botox and fillers you will enjoy some important benefits like these:
- Younger, firmer looking skin
- Smoother, healthier looking skin
- Rejuvenated, more vibrant skin
Botox and Dermal Filler Treatment
A small amount of substance is injected just under the skin, using a tiny needle. The treatment is tolerated well by most people, and a numbing spray can be used beforehand if you wish. The number of injections you need will vary based on the area or areas being treated, and your individual characteristics. There is little to no downtime required for Botox and fillers, so you can get back to your day.
Additional Anti-aging Services Available
In addition to Botox and fillers, there are many cosmetic options to help you look your best, including:
- Laser skin resurfacing, to improve the texture and tone of your skin
- Chemical peels, to remove dead skin cells and reveal vibrant, younger-looking skin
- Facials, to boost circulation and enhance the overall appearance of your skin
- Anti-aging skincare, to provide daily anti-aging benefits at home